Sunday, January 19, 2014

DAY 40 - Over Rover


Whew, I never thought I would be done with these 40 days. It seemed liked it was going to last indefinitely, but everything is finite. The hardest part wasn't planning things, but purposefully updating the blog daily.

Today I didn't do much as I has hoped, but I had a great rest of the week. On Friday, Day 41, I went to lunch with an old friend. We went to a new restaurant I had never tried before. On Saturday, Day 42, I went to a breakfast event with several friends. I spent half a day with all of them. It was wonderful. On Sunday, Day 43, my husband, baby, and I went to a friend's house. We hadn't seen them in well over a year. So overall, I had a great weekend of connection! Although technically, I didn't do much on Day 40. So meh. 

What I learned is that any project has its successes and failures. What I've enjoyed most about this project is that I undertook it. I have been wanting to connect more with the people who are important to me. Material possessions and work will only last for so long. It's important to realize that.  One of our greatest investments should be in other people. Our lives are a series of connections. 

NEXT PROJECT: My next project will be 40 days of connecting with my finances. I'm hoping to go 40 days without spending money on anything but essentials. I'm not sure when I'm going to start that project, but check the blog for updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...