Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Day 1 - Connecting with My Health and My Finances

I've been meaning to restart this project sooner, but I didn't get around to it. I could come up with a plethora of excuses as to why...and they would be valid, but who cares. No excuses! My husband has had a great few months. Over the past four months he's managed to lose 40 pounds (or 2.8 stones). My first goal is to lose at least 25 pounds (1.78 stones), but I'm going to start small. In the next 40 days I would like to lose at least 5 pounds (or 0.35 stones). If I lose more than that, then that's gravy.

My goal is to lessen eating out, cut down on junk food (sweets, soda, chips, etc.), and exercise at least 3 times per week. The good news, is that I've already put into practice some of these habits after the holidays. I have been going to the gym a couple of times per week (not always 3 times per week). I've also been sporadically calorie counting via Fitbit and Fatsecret.

Today I went to the gym and walked a few miles. I also received a free healthy meal from my gym for member appreciation month. Score. In one fell swoop I cut down my expenses and I exercised. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...