Wednesday, December 11, 2013

DAY 4 - The Loss of a Loved One

Today I sent one of my childhood friends a card after the loss of her dear older brother. Her brother died suddenly at the young age of 39. She was my best friend growing up and he was always in the background, helping us with Nintendo video games, playing pranks on us, and joking around. He was a lovable guy. I wanted my friend to know that I am thinking of her and her family and that I love her. I've always thought that I have to send someone something elaborate, like flowers or a gift basket, but a card can be just as thoughtful. Better yet, none of us have any excuse to not send a card to a friend or loved one. I bought a collection of blank stationary cards so that I can send them out for any occasion. A card is a simple gesture, but it's meaningful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...