Sunday, March 15, 2015

Day 24 - Ways to Save

I've come to the conclusion that dining out is both a diet and a budget buster. I keep getting invited to go out to eat with friends or attend functions... which is great because it means that I have wonderful friends. So in an attempt to be sociable I partake. Being social primarily involves food! I want to hang out with friends, but I'm going to try to make healthier and cheaper options.

I made a step today of changing what type of drink I get from Starbucks. I love Starbucks. On Sunday mornings I typically spend about $11 on a Chai Tea Latte, a croissant for my little one, and a bacon gouda breakfast sandwich.

Today I ordered a Chai tea with the bag in. I add the milk and sugar myself. The tea tasted the same. I may still buy the croissant for my little one, but I can save $1.40 every Sunday. This simple change will save me $72 over the course of a year. I'm also going to cancel Sirious XM Radio for a savings of $150 a year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...