Thursday, February 26, 2015

Day 16 - Snowed In Again

Snowed in again. This time without heat or water. Baby and my husband went to the in-laws house keep warm. No firewood for the fireplace. Seriously, our ancestors are probably looking down on us, like "how in the world have you managed to survive this long?" He safely drove to his parents house on the highway, not that there weren't plenty of people trying to hit him. There was a driver going way too fast on the onramp who spun out perpendicular and hit a Uhaul truck. My husband was able to avoid him, but why do drivers do this? Why would you drive at excessive speeds during inclement weather? I don't understand.

I had to go to my dad's house to keep warm. I took my pooches to keep them warm as well. My inlaws don't let our dogs go to their house. My dad is on blood thinners so the house was a toasty 80 degrees. I would normally balk at this temperature, but I was just glad to be warm. My dad later needed cigarettes and soda...essential items, So we went to the drug store. I couldn't let him drive. He would have surely ended up in a ditch. Some Popeye Chicken later, everyone is now home, warm, and safe. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...