Thursday, June 30, 2016

DAY 3 - GETTING RID OF CLUTTER (PHYSICAL AND MENTAL)

One of the beautiful things about growing up is you start to realize your own mortality. I don't mean that in a bad way. I'm by no means "old," but as someone in her late 30s, I no longer feel like I have the time or inclination to "just go through the motions." I started a purging project a few years ago. You can see more about my tidying project here on Pinterest. For the most part these rooms have not reverted to their former states. For one thing...one of the rooms unexpectedly became a nursery. That's a whole other story.

I don't believe in New Year's resolutions, but as my 30s are winding down in a few years I decided that I needed to make the most of every hour, every day, and every year. I'm not going to spend my time doing what I like to do and of course what I have to do. Most importantly I'm going to spend my time being happy.

Happiness to me means getting rid of the stuff that impedes that. I enjoy Facebook, but sometimes I spend too much time on it so I've decided to take a hiatus. I only update my blog when I can and I continue to enjoy doing that so that's going to stay the same.

However, I have given up on things like grocery shopping. A busy working mom, wife, and student, I simply don't have time to go to the grocery store anymore. I've decided to order my groceries online and do a pickup. That's one thing that made my life easier last year so I'm going to keep doing it.

I also decided that if there is any form of physical clutter taking up space in my house...it's going away. Whether it's donated, sold, or thrown away. It's gone. So here is my log of stuff I've given away over the last few weeks.

Not pictured here are the bags and bags of old toys I donated to Goodwill. I sent the broken toys to the trash can. I don't think anyone wants to see pictures of all that.

Toaster oven
Toddler kitchen set (baby got a new one)
Malfunctioning treadmill
Cookie press

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...